"food" (day 15)
chicken noodle soup
1 roasted chicken(from grocery store)
small bag mini carrots
3 bay leaves
1 tsp dry thyme
1 lb egg noodles( you don't need all of them!)
salt and pepper
- put your chicken in a large pot and almost cover with water
- add the onion coarsely chopped up, and 10 or so baby carrots, and the bay leaves and thyme
- bring to a boil and then let simmer (uncovered)for a long time (three hours?) add water
- strain the broth and then return it to the pot.
- get all the meat off the chicken...well most of it. ew. then throw the rest of that stuff away...
- put it back in the broth.
- add salt and pepper, a little water, the rest of the carrots (each baby cut into three pieces for quicker cooking), and as many noodles as you like. remember they plump up!
i know this is simple, but still, i thought i'd share.
serve it with fresh bread!
i bake my own with a secret recipe.
it's called "grammy bread"
passed to me by my kid's honorary "grammy lois"
i am so lucky.
sorry i can't share the recipe.
ha ha! no i'm not.