1. i had to leave Jake at school without saying goodbye.
it was hard.
his class had started and i had to help Ty get settled, since he is littler.
he has asked me why i did that 45 times already today.
"why did you leave without saying goodbye mom?"
"you said you'd be right back"
rip my heart out, jake.
2. there was a point during the first day of school drop off production, that ella sat down in the middle of the hot, sweaty, stampeding mob of parents.
she was so mad and crying and saying "i'm tired of walking! take me to schooooool!"
and just refused to get up.
as jake and ty walked into the heard.
i think it was 94 degrees at 7:52 am
at least she's cute.
3. ty decided that he wants to go by "tyler" this year.
i think it's because his teacher already labeled everything with that name.
one said "jake r." and one said "jacob" he chose "jake r."
i wonder what ty would've chosen if he'd been given the option.
he doesn't want to tell his teacher that he likes being called "ty".
or does he really like tyler better?
4. both my boys had this for their first day of school lunch.
an english muffin cut in two.
a plastic covered cup of pizza sauce
z-bar for snack
it was a HIT!
6. i finished drop off at about 9am today and had two hours til pick ups started....not long but still i thought this milestone in my life deserved a quiet moment or two.
so, i went to my favorite spot.
you're probably sick of seeing me at the mission.
i take so many pictures there.
but that's where i went today.
it must be documented.
i sat with my chippy polished toes up on a bench.
i watched as the monarch butterflies danced in twos around the purple status
i listened to the gardening ladies as they watered the flowers around the big fountain.
i relaxed to the murmur of quiet spanish speaking voices in the gift shop
i sipped a icey diet coke and talked on the phone to reedo about the drop offs and how i felt about them.
i sent him this picture.
he said i looked sad.
i told him i sorta am.
he asked why.
i told him i felt bittersweet about no more babies.
he told me we cold make another.
i said, "oh yah"
he said he felt a little sad too, but that ella is still a baby for a few more years.
i said, "oh yah"
so here i am.
i'm still here.
i still have a "just me and ella"day tomorrow.
a long one.
and my kids are still getting in trouble for kicking each other at 8:52 at night.
except it has.