11.09.2012

girl without a phone

my phone got water damaged.
it was my fault.
it's not fixable.
i don't want to talk about it.

i will, however, give huge appreciation to my gracious husband.
i'm not sure if this will be considered only half a compliment, but i'd like to give reedo the award for "most improved" in the "gracious when his wife does something dumb" department.
he was not this way when i married him.
i mean he didn't yell or anything.
he was just seemingly unable to have compassion on my mistake.


but, that is CERTAINLY not the case anymore.
he doesn't high five me or anything, but he is just quiet.
the right choice, i think, since i feel ridiculous enough already.
and, in this case, he didn't say anything to me, but just researched another phone to get to replace it.
in spite of the fact that he has an incredible amount of craziness on his plate right now.


he found a phone
bought it for a sickening amount of money
and then payed a little more to have it overnighted.


honestly, as i type this i feel like crying.
its not the money or the phone or the fact that it will be more convenient if people can communicate with me or that i can go on instagram again...
it's just his simple service and grace.
that is God's love right through my reedo and into my heart.
forgiveness in all it's simplicity.
when you really accept forgiveness, even in such small things, it is heart over-flowingly beautiful.
it's hard to accept thought, huh?


with all that said, i have to tell you that i missed my phone and the social media part of it a lot less than you'd think.
in fact, the first day i felt a little sick about how many times i looked down to a phone that wasn't there.
then after i saw what a habit it is, i decided to lean into this clean break.
there is something kinda great about just being on your own.
don't get me wrong, i'll be glad when the convenience is back, but for these last days i've had a little peace in living the moments on my own. 
no photos
not texting
not emails every few minutes.


i'm considering trying to have more phone-free time after all the drama of selling our house and stuff is over.
doesn't that sound kinda rad?
phone-free in hawaii?
maybe that's what aloha is all about?

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. seriously that is so, so, so, soooo sweet.
    God's love, indeed.

    ps. maybe i should drop my phone water. not for a new one, but for the free time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the thought that counts. Your husband is a sweetie. I do understand why you get so emotional.
    gym marketing ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's many days when i just shut mine off. it can be such a distraction. i find my kids have to compete with my phone sometimes for my attention and that's just lame. so ya, i think it is pretty rad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this explains why I haven't seen you around IG.

    And phone-free in Hawaii sounds like a dream...except selfishly, I REALLY want to see all your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously rad. all of this post. i need a phone break. and stuff.

    ReplyDelete