9.03.2011

breakfast burritos and stormy seas

i took my kids down to a beach where we can pull our pathfinder right up to the sand.
we brought breakfast burritos and i had emptied the back of the car so we could all cuddle back there.
it was a chilly-ish summer morning so we kept the main part of the back door closed and just opened the top window part.


i don't know about you, but i am always inspired by how much my kids love to do something that we don't do all the time.
this little adventure was not a big deal.
it didn't take much from me, besides just thinking it up and doing it.
but my kids just thought eating in the back of the car, with me, was really great. 




then they realized they could escape....


and they were off....



the sky was amazing!


and the rocks were collectible.




when mornings turn out like this, it inspires me to be the spontaneous mom more often.
to think of new (simple!) things to do together.
this time was a success.
( i know there will also be bad ideas...believe me)
but this sweet unplanned morning was so good that it makes the bad ideas worth it!
ya can't win um all!
but some of them look like this....

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Wow Shauna! This is so beautiful. I love your photographs... It feels like I'm right there. I grew up on the beach and know what it does to the soul. Especially on moody sky days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the looks you've created with your editing. So fun and funky! You should totally do a tutorial ;) Man I need an iphone asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Shauna....these pictures are amazing! So when are you gonna start photography as a job woman?
    These made me long to be back on the beach where we spent alot of time this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Ty and the gorgeous sky. Awesome.

    And yes, the good days really do help the many many rough ones, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspire me to be a better, more spontaneous, fun mom. :) Thanks!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i want to be there doing this with my kids, too, they would so love to see the ocean, they would freak out. i love when ideas like this work out and are a total success...it makes you feel like an awesome mom, huh? beautiful pictures and beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pics with the kids and sky are amazing!!! What a fun morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me want to live in California so bad! And your iPhone pics are insanely good! What apps are you usin?

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful post shauna! i remember ass a kid whenever my parents thought of fun, different ways to spend time together..your kiddos will remember this day!! :) im not a mom yet, but i am a nanny to two little girls and their newborn sister so i try to think out of the box with them like my mom did with me. i just posted what we did this past week during a sleepover-camping at home with an outdoor movie, easy and soooo much fun!

    have a great weekend!

    katie@little things bring smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful pictures and inspiration to be a more spontanious Mum. Cx

    ReplyDelete