8.12.2010

de-lish

so, if you don't already know this, I have A VERY SPECIAL place in my heart for my baby sister, Gracie.
She and I bonded in an amazing way after my mom passed away.
I was becoming a mother,(I had Jake four months after she died)
and we had both lost ours.
She became a big part of our little family.
Shauna, Reedo, baby Jacob.....and Grace.
We loved having her around all the time.
I needed her and she needed me.

SOOOO, fast forward 7 years and my GIRL lives in Bend Oregon.
Oregon.
that's far.
i miss her.
it feels so strange to be so far away.
i know she is where she needs to be, but still.

she has been home for the last two weeks and I have LOVED it.
she and her boyfriend, Tom were both involved in two weddings and she has alot of people that love her down here, but in between we have had pleanty of fun!
One night, we desided to make Tom's favorite childhood meal.
He grew up in Minnesota.
You can't grow up in Minnesota and not have a special place in your heart for a good hotdish right?
I wish i had a minnesooota accent right now....
His favorite hotdish was.....
Tatertot Hotdish.
From what I hear he a has an amazing, sweet mom, and she was willing to share her recipe.
so get out your recipe cards.
this was a HIT!





Tatertot Hotdish
(serves 4)

1 lb ground beef(we used lean)

i can cream of chicken soup(condensed)

1 bag frozen tatertots

salt and pepper


In an 8 or 9 inch pan, spread the ground beef(raw) over the bottom

and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Spread the soup over the meat.

Top with the tatertots(still frozen)

Bake @ 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes

serve with ketchup.



notes:
  • the pictures show the recipe doubled.

  • we easily finished it with 4 adults and 2 kids

  • everyone loved it.

  • when doubled we baked it for over and hour. maybe an hour and 20 minutes? you will have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get too dark on top....if it does maybe add loose foil for the last few minutes

1 comment:

  1. i don't know what to say except when did hotdish cease to be 2 words? after that mental stumbling block for me, i was tracking with the idea, but then you kinda lost me at the "k" word. if i imagine that part never happened, ok, i can kinda see it, and i do know that my kids would be so stoked at the tater topping.

    ReplyDelete